You are here
August 12, 2013 - WFA president and 4 board members file initial brief with WI Supreme Court in Appling v. Doyle, a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the statewide, same-sex-only domestic partnership registry.
February 8, 2013: WFA issues press release in support of Assembly Bill 1/Senate Bill 1, the bill addressing mining bill application procedures and regulations in Wisconsin.
February 5, 2013: WFA signs on to full-page ad in USA Today with 41 allies, urging the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) to continue longstanding policy that prohibits homosexual members and leaders.
February 4, 2013: Governoer Walker declares February 7-14 "Marriage Week" throughout the state of Wisconsin.
January 22, 2013: In their capacity as taxpayers, several WFA board members filed a lawsuit in the Dane County Circuit Court in August 2010, alleging the registry is in direct violation of the marriage amendment. In June 2011, the Circuit Court ruled the registry was constitutional. Shortly thereafter, the WFA board members appealed to the Court of Appeals, which last month agreed with the lower court and prompted the petition to the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys and their local co-counsel, Mike Dean of First Freedoms Foundation and Richard M. Esenberg, filed the petition for review on behalf of Appling and other plaintiffs Tuesday.
January 22, 2013: Governor Walker declares January 22, 2012 "Protect Life Day."
December 12, 2012: Planned Parenthood sues state of Wisconsin over anti-coercion law requiring in-person consultation with physician before receiving abortifacient RU 486. WFA actively supported this bill (SB 306) along with other Wisconsin pro-life organizations.
UPDATE: WFA's challenge to statewide, same-sex domestic partnership registry. The lawsuit filed against the state of Wisconsin alleges the state-wide, same-sex-only domestic partnership registry violates Wisconsin's marriage protection amendment. The lawsuit is currently in Branch 4 of the State Court of Appeals. Eventually it will be before the State Supreme Court.
March 12, 2012 - Wisconsin Family Action's Legislative Memo in Support of AB 154/SB 92 (Abortion Opt Out Bill), AB 337/SB 237 (Repeal/Revision of so-called "Healthy Youth Act), and AB 371/SB 306 (Abortion Coercion & Webcam/telemed Abortions)
PERSONHOOD AMENDMENT TO WISCONSIN'S CONSTITUTION
Wisconsin Family Action's Statement on the Proposed Personhood Amendment to Wisconsin's Constitution
Wisconsin Family Action's Postition Paper on the Proposed Personhood Amendment to Wisconsin's Constitution
"STRONG COMMUNITIES...HEALTHY KIDS ACT" (SB 237)
Wisconsin's new Anti-Bullying law
- WFA's Testimony in Opposition to SB 154
- Bullying is bullying. Period, WFA's blog post on SB154
- TrueTolerance.org, a project of Focus on the Family
- Fast Facts and Talking Points on Bullying, Focus on the Family
- Model Anti-Bullying Policy, Alliance Defense Fund
- Preventing Bullying at your school, PFOX brochure
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Abortion Breast Cancer Link
Assembly Bill 458/Senate Bill 324: The "Healthy Youth Act" (signed into law February 24)
>> click here for information/resources
Click here to find and contact your State Legislator!
- AB 895/SB 640: Election bill would drastically change Wisconsin's election law. Currently in Joint Committee on Finance. Update: Assembly never took up the bill in its last floor period. Unless the governor or the legislature decides to go into special session to pass this bill, the vote fraud bill is dead.
- SB 295: Minor performers bill. Public hearing held in Senate but not in Senate Organization Committee yet (where the bill can be scheduled for a floor vote in the Senate). Update: the bill is dead (see 'Update' for AB 895).
- SB 154: Bullying bill. Passed in Senate and ready for scheduling for a floor vote in the Assembly. Update: The Assembly passed the bill on 4/15/10 and it will be sent to the governor to be signed into law.
- AB 653/SB 460: Expedited Partner Therapy. Read for scheduling for a floor vote in the Assembly. Update: Passed by both houses. Bill will be sent to governor to be signed into law.
- SJR 62: Health Care Freedom Amendment. No hearing scheduled yet in the Senate. Sign our petition! Update: The amendment is dead.
- SR 11: Authorizing the attorney general to file or join a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the health care reform bill signed into law by President Obama. Update, click here
- AB 751/SB 549: National Popular Vote bill. Public hearing held in the Assembly but not in the Senate. No executive vote scheduled in the Assembly. Update: The bill is dead
WFA's Winning Campaigns Without Compromising Your Values Seminar
>> click here for more information and pictures from the seminar
WFA's challenge to the governor's statewide, same-sex domestic partnership registry
>> click here to go to the Appling v. Doyle media resource center